What is Lindy Hop?
Lindy Hop is the primary dance associated with Swing dancing, developed in the 1930's to jazz music. "Swing" can include a broad family of dances, including: Lindy Hop, Charleston, Balboa, Blues, Collegiate Shag, West Coast Swing, and others.
What Does Lindy Hop Look Like?
Well...the best way to understand is to register for the Beginner A class, however, here's a few videos to get you jumpin.'
Swing Jazz Music has played an integral in the development of the dance just as dancers have played on the music! Here's some tunes to give you a taste of swing music. Search Youtube, Spotify, iTunes...your local used record shop.
- Count Basie - Alright, Okay, You Win
- Ella Fitzgerald - Bill Baily
- Frank Sinatra - Come Fly With Me
- Duke Ellington - C-Jam Blues
- Jimmy & Tommy Dorsey - Song of India
- Ray Charles - Hit The Road, Jack
- Janis Siegel - Bei Mir Bist Du Schon
- Duke Ellington - It Don't Mean A Thing
- Boilermaker Jazz Band - Let's Misbehave